Sunday, March 27, 2011

3 Month Update

Today JD is 3 months old. Tomorrow he will be 13 weeks.

I would really like to know how 3 months have passed us by!?

JD has changed so much. We have not had a doctor visit so I am unsure what his weight is but I do know he is one chunky monkey! He has outgrown all the 0-3 month clothes. He is wearing 6 month onsies & 3-6 month pants.

He outgrew his bassinet about a week ago. He will be moving into his crib sometime in the very near future. It makes me so sad to think I will never have a baby to sleep in that bassinet again. I am content with our decision to not have any more children but I cannot help but feel sad that he will be our last.

He is still drinking 5-6 oz every 3 hrs during the day. In total he drinks about 25-30 oz a day. I broke down and added the cereal as directed by the doctor to help with his reflux. It seems to help a little. I am not convinced it is doing much. I wish he had a 3 month check up in between. I may call her and go in to see if we can do something else.

He really is such a happy baby. He is pretty mellow all the time. If it wasn't for his reflux issues I don't think he would ever fuss. He defnitely likes to be held still. Some days I do not accomplish too much due to him wanting to be held quite a bit. I think it could be due to the reflux.

While feeding him JD stares straight into my eyes. He looks at me with these knowing eyes. It feels like he looks right into my soul. Just writing about it now made tears form in my eyes. I feel such immense love in those moments. Not just my love for him but it seems as though he is channeling some to me through those beautiful blue eyes.


He has been sleeping through the night since 9 weeks old. After his last bottle for the day he likes to suck on his binky and falls right to sleep. Like clock work each night JD is asleep by 9:00 pm. He sleeps until about 6 or 7 am. He usually drinks his morning bottle and then goes back to sleep for an hour or two. When he wakes up for that first bottle he is all smiles. He seems to be the happiest at that time. If I had to guess it may be because after that many hours there is nothing left in his stomach to reflux back up into his throat. I think he probably feels the best during that time.

During the times he is fussy we can always count on the changing table to stop his fussing. Its the strangest thing. He could be whining & crying and the minute you lay him down on that table he relaxes. Not just his fussing but even his breathing becomes more slow & mellow.


Also when he is feeling uncomfortable or fussy he likes you to stand while holding him. If you try & sit down he will squirm & whine until you stand. He definitely knows what he likes. Definitely some of momma in him!

I am NOT looking forward to his 4 month doc visit and shots. He was so fussy for two days after his 2 month shots. It was awful. They never affected JJ at all so it took me sometime to connect the shots to his fussiness. I hope he doesn't react the same next time. Poor little guy.

He makes this sad little "boo-boo" lip when he is about to cry and it just melts me. How cute and sad is this?


JD does not really nap for me during the day. I have to say that he does nap sooo much better for his daddy! My husband seems to posess some magic nap powers. Its that or JD knows when its the weekend and uses it to catch up on some zzzzs!

I found some patches of what seems like eczema on JD. I was prepared for this as JJ has had pretty bad eczema since he was a baby as well. I was hoping JD could avoid it. I am still hoping that he will avoid asthma though.

His head control is pretty good. He loves to look around at his surroundings. He is now enjoying his toys much more & has a few he tends to stare at more than others. He also likes to bat at them & I could watch him play forever. He seems to use his right hand to swing at the hanging toys the most. At first I thought it may be random reflex movements but it seems he really is batting at them!

JD used to enjoy baths but doesn't seem to really care for them anymore. He also likes to go #2 in the tub after a few minutes of being soaked in the nice warm water. He has done this to me about 4 times! I am going to start only giving him baths on days he has already gone! It is not fun to clean up but I cannot help but laugh.

JD is losing the hair on the back of his head from sleeping on his back. You can find all his lost hair on his bassinet sheet. I remeber JJ had a big bald spot as well. I too am losing my luscious locks of hair I gained while pregnant. My hair usually starts to fall out about 4 months postpartum but this time it started around 2 1/2 months. I have very thin straight hair so I enjoyed having nice thick hair while pregnant. I am sad to see it go.

JJ talks a lot about things he cannot wait to do when JD is a "kid". He talks about games they will play and things he will teach him. He has even mentioned the naughty things he plans on showing JD as well. One of his lovely lessons will be teaching him how to make his arm pit fart. Ahh the joy of mothering little boys :)


We had a tease of spring about a week ago here. It was so beautiful for two days. I put JD in the bjorn carrier and walked around the block. JJ happend to have the day off from school so he was able to come as well. JD loved it. He was so calm & was just taking in his surroundings. He was not a big fan of the breeze taking his breath away but he seemed to enjoy the warm sunshine on his face.

I am really enjoying JD. I feel so blessed and lucky to have him here.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Josh loves his changing table too. I am not sure why that is. I always thought it was the weirdest thing too LOL.

Amanda said...

Eleanor loves the changing table too! Sometimes we just play with her on there because she's so mellow and happy!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Such sweet pictures. I wish that time could slow down. I look at my 32 year old son & almost 30 year old daughter and wonder the same thing!! Enjoy each moment.

Jill said...

The time sure really does do fly! I was just viewing your blog and my mom walks over to see what new blog I am reading and I told her you were the one that did Naomi's beautiful video. And she felt so sad when I showed her your sweet baby girl Janessa. I just think how sad it is, because I am always reading loss blogs, it never ends. I feel like crying now. You are one beautiful mom and I know you are doing so well at raising your boys! xoxox

Carly said...

So cute! That pouty lip is too adorable!! Praying for you at the 4mos. appt., shots are no fun.

Holly said...

He's growing so much! I hate the hair loss part! Sometimes I wonder if it's all gonna fall out! lol

Check out my Etsy Shop!