Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Say a Little Prayer

September 17th my younger cousin Jonathan married his beautiful fiance Jessica. We traveled the five hours to upstate New York to attend. It was a welcome getaway and I was very relieved that this pregnancy allowed me to travel. There were a few times in the months leading up to the wedding when my blood pressure was not cooperating and bed rest loomed in the near future. I was so excited we could attend.


I was very happy when he was able to stand up in our wedding two years ago. It meant so much to me.


I have enjoyed watching Jon grow up into the young man he has become. He is definitely a far stretch from the little boy who once chased me around the house with a sharp object or exchanged in an all out furniture battle. These happenings were for the most part all in good fun. I am positive they started with laughter but I'm not so sure they ended that way! His sister is my age and we would bribe and beg him not to rat us out on whatever mischief he happened to catch us doing as teenagers.

Jon has not had an easy life but he has not let anything hold him back. He has become a loving, caring, hard working man. I enjoy our visits which are too few and far between. JJ loves him and Jess so much.


Jon is amazing with kids and will make a great father someday...maybe sometime soon? :)


To see Jon & Jess is to witness true love firsthand. They are so in love and are not afraid to let it show. In fact they couldn't hide it if they tried. I find it refreshing and its not something you encounter all that often. I couldn't be more happy for them.



It was a gorgeous wedding and I am happy we could be there on their very special day.

They immediately left for their honeymoon week in Florida I believe the following day after the wedding. Face.book of course let us all follow their adventures and it was nice to see how they were enjoying themselves.

Unfortunately Jon had not been feeling too well and was having a hard time breathing. When they returned home Jess finally convinced him to go to the hospital. He was then transferred to a larger hospital. He was diagnosed with an enlarged and weakened heart and it was beating twice its normal rate. In medical terms, cardiomyopathy. I believe he spent almost a week in the hospital and underwent numerous tests. They are unclear as to the cause but believe it may be due to a viral infection he had sometime in the past. He was released on a heart monitor, medication and work restriction. In December he will be reevaluated. If it was due to a virus they are hoping to see improvement.

I am so sad that this has transpired. Sad their wedding/honeymoon ended on such a note. I've been there. Just married, happiest I have ever been, on top of the world. It then all crashed down on us with Janessa's death just months later. Life has a way of knocking you on your ass when you least expect it. Sometimes right at your most happiest moments.

Jon has always been a fighter and has overcome many obstacles in his life. I have faith this will be just another one.

We love you Jon. Rest up & get better soon!

I have been keeping him close in my thoughts and prayers. Will you do the same?


8 comments:

Holly said...

What a beautiful couple and I'm glad you were able to attend the wedding. I hope that when he gets rechecked in Dec it shows his heart is functioning better.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sorry to hear this. I will keep him in my prayers.

Lea said...

Gorgeous pictures, Mal! Sounds like a very strong and supportive brother you have. Praying for him and his health.

Susan said...

Prayers going out. Hugs.

Jaime said...

Much love and support being sen Jon's way.

xo

Anonymous said...

beautiful blog design!!

Thinking of your cousin Jon *hugs*

Lisette said...

Oh no this really sucks, I am so sorry to hear this.
I will keep your cousin and your family in my prayers. ((HUGS))

BTW beautiful pictures

crystal theresa said...

Sending prayers that all will be well when they recheck his heart in December! SO glad you were able to celebrate their wedding with them (you looked gorgeous).

Check out my Etsy Shop!