Sunday, February 14, 2010

9 months later on Valentine's Day

Hope everyone enjoyed the day today & those who are in a relationship were spoiled.

Yesterday I received two gifts from fellow angel moms for Janessa in honor of Valentine’s Day.





I had a pretty good day today. I woke up this morning after being sick on & off for the last 2 weeks, feeling pretty good. Relaxed for awhile & then made my husband & son some heart shaped pancakes which came out especially yummy. My son keeps telling me “Mom you make the best food”, lol..how cute.

My Mom came over later in the day to watch our son & we headed out on our date. My husband brought me to my favorite restaurant for dinner & then to get my nails done! I have been complaining about them enough lately I guess. Afterwards we went to the movies. We watched Dear John & I know it took every fiber of his being to go watch that movie. I enjoyed it. We had a good time.

I have not spoken alot about this amazing man I married so sometime in the near future I think he is owed a dedicated post ;)



Earlier in the day my husband went to buy my Mom some flowers for Valentines’s Day for all she does for us. He also went to Janessa’s grave & brought her this.



Today marks 9 months since we said goodbye. I cannot believe how the time is just flying by. For the past week I have been thinking how this “mile marker” was approaching. Has it really been this long?

I did this up for her. I love to do these things in memory of her...it feels good.


The one year mark is quickly approaching. Her memorial service plans have started. It brings me peace to think of doing it for her but at the same time it is also overwhelming. I never in my wildest thoughts would ever believe I would be planning a memorial service for my child. So many emotions…


7 comments:

Jill said...

The Valentine's from Birni and Jennifer are lovely. They are both so sweet! I love that your husband brought Janessa something for Valentine's Day. It is so adorable!

Kelli said...

You two are so adorable! I love love love the photo of you two together. Such a nice looking couple!! Also, I really love the baby sleeping in the angel wings. That is so gorgeous. What a sweet reminder of your Janessa.

Lisette said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better and went on a nice date with your honey. You look so cute together. Very sweet of him to do all that stuff.
Planing a memorial service is a great idea, we are also going to have one for Sami for her 1 year too. I have that same angel with wings for Sami too, it is so pretty. Sending ((HUGS)) your way. Take care.

With Out My Punkin said...

Love the picture of you two! I am glad that you are feeling better! Sounds like you had a great day!

The Blue Sparrow said...

Aww you two are a georgous couple! Youre so very welcome for the candy heart! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

You and hubby make a beautiful couple. :)

beautiful gifts in memory of Janessa. I love the baby in the angel wings.

Holly said...

It was so nice of them to make those things for you. Wishing Janessa a happy 9 month birthday

Check out my Etsy Shop!